Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 1

As much as it pained me, I rolled out of bed at 5 AM this morning...pulled on my socks, laced up my shoes, and headed to the gym. Sleeping in my workout clothes and sports bra certainly helped. The effort I exerted getting from my bed to the gym was truly minimal.

So, I get to the gym and I wait. And I wait. And I wait 20 minutes for the lazy gym rat, who obviously hit snooze SEVERAL times, to get there and unlock the door. Stupid man. It took every ounce of will power and strength not to turn around and go home. Back to my warm bed and thick smartwool stockings.

Once inside I made a beeline for the treadmil. The quicker I got on, the quicker I could get off. I found my Couch to 5K app, dusted it off, and hit GO. And, surprisingly, I didn't die during the workout. It actually felt good. It felt damn good.

Day 1...check

No comments:

Post a Comment