Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I Quit 'Trying'

I received the following from an e-newsletter I subscribe to -

A communications expert says "the most dangerous word to use in the workplace today is short, sweet and fraught with peril." The word "try." Brad Hoover, chief executive of the automated proofreading service Grammarly, recently shared with Fortune his reasons why managers and their employees should avoid using this word in the workplace. "'Try' simply shows a lack of belief, passion, commitment and confidence—all the qualities you need to succeed in today's tight job market," he says. There are a "whopping 66 different synonyms for try, yet none of them are as convincing as words like do, believe, act, tackle, accomplish or succeed... I cringe when I hear, ‘I'll give it a try,' because the phrase suggests failure. ‘I'll do it' inspires confidence every time."

So, with this said...it seems it's time for me to quit trying to lose weight. To quit trying to eat healthy and steward my body well. To quit trying to get back into running. And, well...just do it.

I'm back on the wagon. Who will join me? Anyone out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment