Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 1, Week 1

I'm proud to say I resisted the snooze button this morning and made it to the gym by 5 AM. Yes, you read correctly. That's 5 AM. With two toddlers, it's 5 AM, or no workout. My workout this week consists of the following -

5 minute warm-up/walk
run 30 seconds and walk 4:30 - repeat 7 times
5 minute cool down/walk

Thank goodness for the iPhone and couch 2 10K apps! I love being able to listen to music and have an automated trainer say "run. now." at precisely the right time. The iPhone must be one of man's greatest inventions. Truly.

Two thoughts went through my head during my first workout:

1) It stinks that after all of my hard work and dedication this spring, I'm essentially starting from square one. I was up to three miles in May. And now I'd be lucky to make it one mile. On a good day.

2) It feels good to finally be back in the saddle again. It's only day one with a long road ahead, but I'm eager to begin the journey.

Although the workout this week is not much of a challenge, dragging myself to the gym IS. This week my goal is simply to get to the gym three days and to complete the above workout three times. I'll check in this weekend to let you know I've made it and share what's in store for week 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment