Sunday, September 18, 2011

Going Public

I am not a runner. Not even close. But I am determined to become an amateur runner by April 29, 2012. The date of the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon (I will be running the half marathon).

I started this blog for two reasons - 1) to record my progress, which I'm hopeful will in turn motivate me to keep going, and 2) accountability. You (I'm hoping there will be a you...) are hereby charged with checking in on me from time to time. And if you feel so inclined, please share your thoughts, personal goals, and successes.

Although I'm not completely new to sports or the gym, it's been a long time. A very long time. I married the love of my life over four and a half years ago and in those 4+ years have had two beautiful children. Henry and Sam. I've also gained a muffin top and pounds.

My family is my inspiration. I want to model a healthy lifestyle for my boys, as well as ensure I have all the energy needed to keep up with their busy bodies. My mom, who was recently diagnosed with stage IV ovarian cancer, is also my inspiration. I've been blessed with a healthy (albeit a bit overweight) body, and I've been convicted to become a better steward of this blessing.

Training starts tomorrow. Bright and early. I'll be sure to check in and let you know how I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment